Rail Works are taking place in Bristol, they are as follows..
Extending platforms 13 and 15 at Bristol Temple Meads, to provide the extra platform length needed for the new Intercity Express Trains.
The existing ramp must be demolished before construction works can begin. All works will be carried out overnight (between 10pm and 5am) to minimise passenger disruption.
Ashley Hill and Narroways
An extensive programme of earthworks is starting at Ashley Hill and Narroways, to stabilise the embankments and prepare for the two new lines.
These works will run 7 days a week between July 2017 and December 2018. They will mainly take place in daytime hours (7.30am to 6.00pm), however work will be 24/7 on the weekend of 18th and 19th November to remove and replace Narroways footbridge.
- July to November 2017 – breaking out abutment of footbridge, demolishing and reconstructing footbridge, Narroways hill
- August to end October 2017 – soil nailing, Narroways cutting
- End August to May 2018 – Piling and soil nailing, Ashley Hill South
- 18th-19th November 2017, working 24/7 to remove and replace Narroways footbridge
- November 2017 to April 2018 – piling and soil nailing, Ashley Hill North
Stapleton Road viaduct
Stapleton Road viaduct has reached the end of its life and needs to be demolished. It needs to be replaced with a new structure to support the two new railway lines between Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Parkway.
The demolition will take place between Monday 24 July and Friday 1 September as follows:
- Mon 24th July – Thurs 27th July (07.30hrs –18.00hrs)
- Fri 28th July – Mon 31st July (24/7 until 18.00hrs on 31 July)
- Tues 1st August – Fri 1st September (07.30hrs – 18.00hrs)